Northgate Commodity Logistics Centre
Ceres Global Ag Corp
Railway transload facility design, construction services
The Northgate Commodity Logistics Centre (NCLC) required the construction of high efficiency rail loops, capable of handling up to 120 railcars each; transload facilities for the oil and agricultural industries; and a connection to the BNSF railroad network in North Dakota. Clifton provided the overall site design, including rail layout and geometrics, road design, intersection treatments, mass grading, and stormwater and pavement structure design.
- Responsibile for project management and coordination.
- Obtained and managed necessary environmental, crossing, site access, and development permits.
- Conducted geotechnical investigations, hydraulic calculations, and hydrogeological assessments.
- Prepared the traffic impact assessment, stormwater management plan, and an environmental protection plan.
- Provided materials testing and quality assurance.
- Provided environmental monitoring.
- Conducted materials inspection and coordination.
Clifton Key Personnel
Greg Bulych – Project Manager
Octaviano Salgado – Senior Design
Bryce Jardine – Permitting and Environmental Lead
Jim Kary – Stormwater Management and Utilities Design
Al Wilde – Senior Materials Inspector