SLG: a SNC Lavalin/Graham Joint Venture
Geotechnical engineering, materials testing
Downtown Calgary to 69th Street S.E., along Bow Trail and 17th Avenue S.W.
As a member of the quality control team, Clifton Associates assisted in the completion of 8.2 kilometers of new track for the West LRT in Calgary, the change of alignment along Bow Trail, and the new interchange at Sarcee Trail and 17th Avenue. We coordinated the testing of all asphalt, concrete, and earthworks along the track, which included six new stations, one of which was entirely below grade, as well as sections of elevated guideway and trenched portions.
- Provided all Quality Control (QC) testing services for the project.
- Utilized knowledge of regional geology to advise on the installation of crane pads and materials to use as backfill.
- Monitored mix behavior using trend lines for up to thirty-three separate mixes in each of the four work areas.
- Worked on large bridge deck pours, which required special temperature monitoring for high performance concrete.
- Reported concrete break results to the client and advised on low breaks, including the provision of non-destructive testing.
Clifton Key Personnel
Craig Clifton – Project Director
Stephen Cross – Project Engineer
Andrew Korytynski – Project Engineer
Shellen Ellen – Lab Manager and Client Liason